CLA Licence Plus for NHS England
We have an agreement with the Department of Health on a single licence that covers all NHS staff in England. The licence is made up of two components that offer enhanced value to NHS England and all its individual employees.
- The first is the annual copying licence that provides blanket cover, so staff don’t have to seek permission from copyright owners each time they copy, reuse or share content from publications at work.
- The second is annual access to our NHS document delivery ordering service enabling access to articles and reports from the British Library, Reprints Desk and the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM).
For more information on these benefits, see below.
Annual Copyright Licence cover for NHS England
Covers copying from digital and print books, magazines, journals and websites
Key benefits include:
- Make copies from publications from the UK and 38 International territories
- Copy up to one chapter or 5% of the book, and up to two articles from a single journal issue
- Share copies with colleagues by email
- Store copies on a local PC or on a secure network
- All members of staff are covered, including students
- Easy to check if any given publication can be copied using our Check Permissions search tool
NHS Document Delivery Ordering Service
Access to articles from the British Library, Reprints Desk and RSM
Find out more
- Developed in partnership with Reprints Desk
- Access to tens of thousands of articles
- Clear article availability showing if it has been previously ordered
- Unit counter shows how many articles remaining from the annual allocation of credits
- Fast ordering system and easy to use
- Used by PHE, NICE and over 120 Trusts