What is EHESS?
We have partnered with the British Library to deliver an efficient, cost-effective and streamlined document supply service for all UK Higher Education Institutions (HEIs): the Enhanced Higher Education Supply Service, or EHESS.
With EHESS, HEIs are able to take advantage of:
- Copyright-fee-paid (CFP) or scan-only options
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)-free material
- Scans of a high quality using preservation-standard workflow
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) as standard
- Full metadata
- 48-hour service guaranteed
What does this service cost?
|Pay monthly*||Advance payment*|
|Born digital||£5.10 plus copyright fee||£5.10 plus copyright fee|
|CFP supply from print||£8.61 plus copyright fee||£7.88 plus copyright fee|
|Outsourced scanning from print||£8.61||£7.88|
*All prices are + VAT. Please note, your account will require a £150.00 deposit + VAT.
How do I get started?
To get your EHESS account set up, all you have to do is return the EHESS Agreement, together with some additional details. Follow our step-by-step guide below:
1. Download and print the Agreement, sign it and email a scanned copy to email@example.com
2. In your covering correspondence, please indicate to CLA:
- Your existing British Library account number (if applicable)
- If you would like to pay monthly, or pay in advance. If paying in advance, indicate the sum to be deposited. Please note there is a minimum fee of £150.
3. Please note:
- If you currently have a deposit with the British Library, they will be in touch in due course to discuss this as appropriate.
- If you order your content (CFP or outsourced scanning) via a third party such as the Digital Content Store, you will need to alert that third party of your change to EHESS.
Once we have received your returned agreement, we will be in touch with your account and log in details.
If you want to know more about what EHESS is and how it works, have a look at our FAQs.
Get in touch
If you have any queries relating to setting up your account you can call us on 020 7400 3171
Or if you just want to know more about the service and how it works then contact us